Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: 12v71 TI Detroit’s

Quote Originally Posted by luckydave215 View Post
    I have zero interest in arguing with a keyboard warrior.
    Have it your way - who cares?
    Anybody who cares about the engines. You just sound like an idiot. It would be like saying you have a turbo charged car because your fan belt is squealing but you are absolutely sure it's a turbo. At some point, your mechanic is going to say ... look you idiot!

By the way, the Turbos you have are for a 92 series engine (or for a 850-860hp version of the 12V71-TI.) So ... yes, you have one of the high performance versions of the 12V71-TI but it's not a 1000hp version. It's an 850-860hp version. Got it? Now, you are not an idiot because you know you have the same engines as the rest of the hp 12V71-TI guys.

I hold a land speed world record, and won 14 road racing championships on bikes and in cars using engines I built and tuned.
    On most of them I designed and machined the parts myself.
    Go bark up another tree, this is the wrong one.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

Luckydave, now I get your signature. Was going to ask but decided not to. Different sport but MX racer. Old now. But seriously fast in the woods though these
    Days. More the bike than me I think. But yeah, the older I get the more exaggerated my memories get😁😁😁

Having way more fun now than when I was a kid who thought he was going to be a big racer!

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Bert54 View Post
    You just sound like an idiot.
    At this point it doesn't matter whether you are wrong or right. You apparently don't know rule # 1.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

You just sound like an idiot.

At this point it doesn't matter whether you are wrong or right. You apparently don't know rule # 1.
    Yep....

Luckydave, now I get your signature. Was going to ask but decided not to. Different sport but MX racer. Old now. But seriously fast in the woods though these
    Days. More the bike than me I think. But yeah, the older I get the more exaggerated my memories get
    We were always faster looking through the way-back goggles haha like when we're bench racing about the old days. Every racing story begins exactly the same - "There I was, lead'n it by a mile when......"

My racing career started early. I got my first bike at age 6, was racing by age 9, and at 63 I'm still racing, though I switched to Porsche club racing at about 45. As the saying goes "With age comes a cage"
    I started racing MX and desert/Baja, made expert at age 16 and turned pro at 18. Then my main sponsor (who supported me one way or another for many years, he believed in me) bought a dirt track team so I could do that for a couple seasons (won a few), which led to an invitation to a road race team tryout.
    After a couple seasons riding the miles and half miles I was instantly at home sliding a roadracer at speed and did that as a factory rider for a couple different manufacturers for the rest of my career (plus as a rider the money was a lot better than MX at the time)
    Along the way I raced a lot of sail boats, and a few offshore power boats, and (amateur class) aerobatic airplanes.
    And radio control cars on and off, I'm good enough with those to attract sponsorship when I want to apply myself.
    I, along with two of my racing buddies got interested in land speed a few years ago. With me riding we hold the world record for unlimited twins (2 cylinders, any displacement, any power adders), the engine - which we developed and built - is a 1060cc supercharged/nitrous design, making 380 hp at the wheel. It' really addictive to ride a bike that has decent power.
    It's all for fun - we built it as a team and we all ride it. FUN!!
    Last edited by luckydave215; 09-13-2019 at 12:33 AM.

7. Re: 12v71 TI Detroit’s

That is quite the resume there Dave. I could only wish.
    I did do some desert riding thru the years but team racing and cars were not happening. Family, talent and money determined that.

That LSR effort is amazing. Thats a bunch of power out of one liter. Ill bet Berty54 claims you can only get 350 HP though!!

That's all good LuckyDave. You would never allow someone with a 250 motocrosser to go around telling blatant falsehoods because you know better. Same applies here. Don't spread misinformation without expecting to be challenged.

I applaud your excellence without reservation.

Thats a bunch of power out of one liter.
    Not really, the Unlimited Class bikes mostly use 1250cc-ish four cylinder engines based on Hyabusas or ZX14's and routinely make 1000 hp burning "gasoline" with a lot of boost (over 50 psi is typical) and dry ice intercoolers.
    However, a twin of sufficient displacement has a bigger bore (longer flame front travel time and less resistance to detonation) and a longer stroke which limits peak rpm (power).
    But.... we beat the factory teams from Harley, Victory, and Ducati with an Aprilia built in my garage with zero factory involvement, so we felt we did OK.
    The event we run is a standing start mile, so it is sort of a cross between a normal dragstrip and Bonneville. We did all our runs at The Texas Mile but these events are run all over the world and the records are shared.
    We have the ONLY twin in the 200 mph club.
    It's not like we just showed up and set records, it took countless hours, dollars, weeks spent on the dyno, and five trips to the mile before we figured out the combination.
    If it was easy anyone could do it.

Boys, boys. Why don't you take it private. Better yet, walk away.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC