Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Mystery Hynautic Air Leak

Try checking the control heads for leaks.

On each wall of the engineroom is a four hose aluminium oblong valve. Cant remember the precise name but its shown in the hynautic documents and drawings. There is now a new version of the complete valve block, but also a valve kit. I replaced the block and all the valves. This was the cause of our hynautic leak. Yo also need to replace the fittings on the end of the hoses and mini orings.
    +++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.

Pleased to report it was the pressure gauge that was leaking. Also, called Seastar for technical support. Left a message and received a return call in 1 hour that was extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

John McCarley
    Water Colors
    Wrightsville Beach NC

Quote Originally Posted by divert00 View Post
    Pleased to report it was the pressure gauge that was leaking. Also, called Seastar for technical support. Left a message and received a return call in 1 hour that was extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

John McCarley
    Water Colors
    Wrightsville Beach NC
    great news!! Good to see a fellow BCM member on the site. Just curious, is the 55 owner down from you on here?
    '88 55'C hull 394 ​BEATs Therapy
    12-71 TA's ZF BW190 1.5:1 gears

After solving leak, found that now throttle is stuck at 3/4. Tried to bleed at slave, but nothing would come out one of
    the bleed ports. Called SeaStar again and received a most helpful call back within 2 hours. Determined likely
    suspect was the charging valve. Ordered a replacment rather than re-build and installed. With help of my lovely spouse, we bled
    the system and it works perfectly. Will rebuild old one for a spare.

Ageless: Not aware of owner of 55 Convertible being on Forum.

John McCarley
    Water Colors - 1986 63MY
    Wrightsville Beach NC