Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Green Copper Pipes

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Bring your phone just in case you get stuck.
    Funny, or maybe not... I was thinking I should have brought mine as I was squeezing my way down the 10' shaft on my way to an effluent dosing tank in my back yard....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Funny, or maybe not... I was thinking I should have brought mine as I was squeezing my way down the 10' shaft on my way to an effluent dosing tank in my back yard....
    Hope you have hands free because I once got stuck in my bilge and my arms were above my head with no way to get to my phone.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Pink Himalayan salt because Pink and Green make brown.
    Some extra virgin olive oil wouldn't hurt and you can reuse the mixture as your next salad dressing.

Actually while I doubt the copper tubing would fail, the possibility is greater than if you replaced it.
    It's not a terribly big job and the peace of mind new tubing will provide is worth the cost and effort. The
    fact that it may crack if it's bent or struck IMO is enough to warrant replacement. We all know how
    Murphy works at the worse possible time.

Walt

Quote Originally Posted by Walter P View Post
    Some extra virgin olive oil wouldn't hurt and you can reuse the mixture as your next salad dressing.Actually while I doubt the copper tubing would fail, the possibility is greater than if you replaced it.It's not a terribly big job and the peace of mind new tubing will provide is worth the cost and effort. The fact that it may crack if it's bent or struck IMO is enough to warrant replacement. We all know how Murphy works at the worse possible time.Walt
    Yep. Mine fractured when I blew a hose at the ram. Just the movement to replace a hose was all it took. I kept cutting it back hoping to find some good material to flair until it was better to just replace it. Undisturbed, it’ll probably be fine for many more years.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Mine was flaking green stuff and when I tapped on it felt very thin. When I changed it my suspicions were confirmed. The flare nut was corroded to the pipe and it just twisted off immediately when I broke it loose from the hose.