I was down in the bilge looking for a place to store dive weights a couple months ago when I noticed severe corrosion on my copper steering lines. A slight tap on them indicated to me they were just about to go. I finally got around to replacing them a few weeks ago with new copper from the engine room to the cylinder. I had most of the lines and wires loose in the bilge and noticed how bad the paint was down there. I convinced myself there wouldn't be a better time to repaint then now. I got out the pressure washer with a general cleaning tip and some degreaser. When I was done the fiberglass was really showing. Here is a picture of after the pressure washing.

y8mGUxfSRvyVF7KfRu4GlA.jpg

Put on two coats of Interlux Bilgekote after prepwork. The results were good, perhaps not to Mr. Clarksons exacting standards, but beyond my expectations. I did well keeping the paint off of everything however I did knock over a cup holding lacquer thinner and a $2 paint brush I was trying to re-use. Fortunately I had enough lacquer thinner and got it up before I needed to repaint the cockpit. Here is a picture of the results. Now I have to do the starboard side of the bilge.

IMG_0449.jpg