Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Any marine AC experts here??

This thread has perfect timing, salon unit quit suddenly. I have the dometic PR8x relay box, quick swap of the galley trigger to the salon spot and boom!!! Pump kicked on. In the meantime I pulled the manifold off the pump, removed all fittings, cleaned the threads, applied restorseal and vinyl tape. I trimmed the hose ends and replaced all the clamps. I also observed 80% of the clamps to the AC unit(s) drains rusted through so new hose and clamps for those this week.
    One thing I observed and found extremely frustrating is the Breeze clamps that I purchased have three different size screw heads despite all being the same diameter clamp, anyone experience this? I could understand across a line of mixed brands but they're ALL Breeze and were bought from the same place at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by ageless View Post
    This thread has perfect timing, salon unit quit suddenly. I have the dometic PR8x relay box, quick swap of the galley trigger to the salon spot and boom!!! Pump kicked on. In the meantime I pulled the manifold off the pump, removed all fittings, cleaned the threads, applied restorseal and vinyl tape. I trimmed the hose ends and replaced all the clamps. I also observed 80% of the clamps to the AC unit(s) drains rusted through so new hose and clamps for those this week.
    One thing I observed and found extremely frustrating is the Breeze clamps that I purchased have three different size screw heads despite all being the same diameter clamp, anyone experience this? I could understand across a line of mixed brands but they're ALL Breeze and were bought from the same place at the same time
    Consider spraying clamps with something like Boeshield or electrical connector corrosion protection spray. I think you'll find the rusting clamp issue just about eliminated. Thoroughly washing old hoses before reusing is also a help.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Are they the regular or 316 stainless?

I have beome a distributor for the AWAB clamps because my suppliers will not keep the good ones in stock.

Maybe we can do an HOF special?
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

It also helps using solid band clamps not perforated.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    Consider spraying clamps with something like Boeshield or electrical connector corrosion protection spray. I think you'll find the rusting clamp issue just about eliminated. Thoroughly washing old hoses before reusing is also a help.
    I have been using corrosion X, will that suffice? A huge eye opener to the condition of my bonding system also, half the connections around the AC units aren't fastened to anything and look like some autozone quality connections