Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: detriot 671 tib not hitting no load rpm

Make sure the shut down lever is fully seated.
    Regards
    Dan

Adjusted throttle cable, got no load rpm. Went for bay test boat started shaking violently. Mechanic took quick look back at dock, had my shift tranny didn't like the way the years sounded.... hopefully will know mo're tomororw

Just curious if fuel supply has been checked? Are filters clean, lines unobstructed and pick up tubes clean? Perhaps try running on a different tank. Are all valves fully open?

Fuel system was checked, filters changed and only single tank. Port engine runs great

Hows the bottom and running gear? Reading over the scant information it sounds like the boat has been sitting unused for awhile?
    Last edited by Finalee; 08-23-2019 at 02:07 PM.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Quote Originally Posted by captcrunch View Post
    Adjusted throttle cable, got no load rpm. Went for bay test boat started shaking violently. Mechanic took quick look back at dock, had my shift tranny didn't like the way the years sounded.... hopefully will know mo're tomororw
    Any clues as to what was shaking? Engine? Trans? Shaft wobble? What rpm was it shaking? How clean is the prop? Long shot but you could have picked up a rope or debris on the seatrial.

Given the limited info, I'd probably dive the prop to check the simplest, most likely source of vibration first (we regularly pickup stuff on the prop, like almost every trip).

Next I'd check shaft wobble, bent shaft would demonstrate bad vibrations.

High idle at the dock again to rule out the engine as source of vibration.

Once you eliminate those the trans is the next order of bidness and that's above my pay grade.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL