Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: ISO 1960's / Early 70's Hatteras 38' or 41'Tri Cabin

Thanks Jim,

I will try to get more posted. I have been working on her since 2016 trying to return her to her former glory. I have made great stride in her functionality now I just have a few more projects to finish up before I turn to the more cosmetic items. However, I really need to get her sold so we can move up to a bigger boat to accommodate my growing family and our desire to live aboard full time raising our children in the world of cruising.
    Knot Your Hatt
    1975 58 LRC Hull#302
    Little River, South Carolina

Knot Your Hatt
    1975 58 LRC Hull#302

Knot Your Hatt
    1975 58 LRC Hull#302

These pictures are from March 2019 when I tore down the entire cooling system and bead blasted all the parts are repainted them as well as cleaning the cores, new thermostats, new hoses, new impellers, had fuel coolers tested, new overflow reservoirs which it never had, and proper coolant from Detroit. She ran so much cooler afterwards and the work was worth it.

Knot Your Hatt
    1975 58 LRC Hull#302

Wow... you're going to be neck and neck with Clarkson, at this rate. Of course, he DOES have a head start on you.

Lol!!! I’m must be a South Carolina bug going around!!! Yea I’d say I have quite a bit of ground to cover if I’m going to catch up with him. Although when I find the right boat to move up to it will start all over again. I’m looking at possibly a 58’ LRC or a 61’ CPMY fuel savings would be nice but not sure how much I’d be saving if I ran either boat at 8-9kts. I know JD said his LRC was getting 0.9 nmpg with genset running. I wish there was someone with a LRC nearby that would let me see their boat.
    Knot Your Hatt
    1975 58 LRC Hull#302

torontoyachtsales.com/boat_listing.php?id=665

Price is in CAD

PM for direct contact info