Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Chapmans Seamanship School in FL?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    While I love the Captain idea, I currently don't own a boat. The week long Chapmans Seamanship 1000 class has a lot of independent Google reviews that are current and very positive. Thanks for all the responses.
    I think I would look into a Power Squadron boater safety course if you just want to become more familiar with the basics. I’m sure one is offered locally, and that would save you a good bit of money.

The class will be less expensive, and you’ll actually get a discount on your boat insurance. I’ve thought about taking one for the insurance savings alone as get exactly zip for having a 100T Master and 50+ years of on the water experience. That makes zero sense to me, but that’s just how it works.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Chasemmc View Post
    I'm used to no one liking me. Its very freeing not having to wonder about ones popularity. I'm all in on the fall color run. To repeat: Randy is very careful with boat, willing to jump in to fix the inevitable unexepected equipment failures, a patient teacher, and pretty entertaining to be around.
    Thanks again for the kind words, and for anyone who hasn’t figured out that I’m just messing with you about nobody liking you, I think you’re a great guy. I mean you remind me of me, so what’s not to like?

Hopefully Hales Bar still has their redneck, Fall Color Festival in late October. It’s a hoot. You’d be surprised what all you can get to eat on a stick.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I might be thinner, but you definitely have more hair.

Boats fueled up, liquor cabinet is fully stocked (but as I recall it was difficult to get you to drink), and all three heads work so bring on the 'possum on a stick'
    Mark
    1981 56' MY Hull #320
    "Lady Ann"

As I said in my previous post, there are lots of knowledgeable people on this forum. IMO Randy is one
    of the best. Of course there are others as well such as Pascal, who I have a lot of respect for the way
    he takes care of other people's boats etc. There are many more but I personally know both of these
    guys and would vouch for them. Pascal I believe has his schedule pretty full with his gig with the Lazarra
    as well as transforming his old Hat into an old New Hatt.

Randy, you should consider offering a regular service of teaching folks hands on in their own boats. Yeh,
    I know you already do that but I mean new "larger" Hatteras' owners who do not require long distance
    deliveries. Simply fly to their area, stay on their boat and eat as much as you want..(I know you really
    are not a drinker......not much anyway), teach the new boat owner the "ropes", get paid and fly home
    fat and happy. Life's good when you're doing something you enjoy and get paid for doing it.

Walt

Thanks, Walt. The only time drinking causes me issues is when you HOF guys are involved, and I have nowhere to be and nothing to drive. 😄

I’ve helped a few locals avoid embarrassing themselves (this is Sea Ray country), but my being in Tennessee limits my options for 1-2 day scenarios. Once Ryan flies the nest, I plan to do more deliveries. As you said, there’s nothing better than being paid for something you would do for free. I’ve been running the rivers since I was 10, and I discovered the ocean when I was in my early 20’s. New water is getting hard to come by these days, but even familiar water never gets old.

Sorry for the derails, Eddie. 😄
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I have enjoyed all the comments and the side conversations. I just don't wont to be totally lost when Randy arrives. I was hoping to do some learning in the mean time since we hadn't planned on buying something till spring unless something just knocks us off our feet. I have been watching several boats and I haven't seen one sell yet, so that makes me move really slow. Thanks again,
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's