Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone know 70 foot Timeless in Miami?

1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Re: Anyone know 70 foot Timeless in Miami?

What’s wrong with it to be that cheap?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Something seems fishy. Engines clapped out? That's my guess.

There was a thread on that boat a year ago

Seems cheap... the broker is a red flag. FYI has a history of listing irregularities, a member was very surprised to find her 58 for sale a few years back... apparently they list boatsbusjnh old listings to attract customers
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Talked to broker about this boat, crazy interior, owners cabin very small, said 1200 hours on engines SMOH. I asked for some measurements on a few things and he said he would but never did. He did admit it needed a paint job and sounds like no maintenance for quite awhile. Pics are old. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

6. Re: Anyone know 70 foot Timeless in Miami?

My son looked at this boat for me in the spring. It is an absolute POS. Full of mold and mildew. It even has a sump pump in the bilge piped out through a window. The pictures are very old and the boat is very rough inside and out.
    Beachcomber
    Former 3 Hat owner
    Home port Paducah, KY

What a shame. In the photos it looks beautiful. Of course, nothing that size in a Hatteras would be that cheap unless there were plenty wrong with it.

Says it will be the next 70' Hatteras sold. Well, maybe if it did look like the photos.

Sad.

There is no excuse for a broker to mis represent a boat knowingly using old pictures.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

That is crazy that they would post pictures like that.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

It is such a pity Timeless has been let go, but this can be to the new buyers' advantage as photos do show that she was cared for at some stage.

As described Timeless seems similar to my own boat's condition 4 years ago. At inspection time I did not care about the dust mites, smell, mildew or cosmetics. My only interest was the mechanicals/electricals and engines. Most of the bilge and sump pumps were broken. Water lines in bilge showed where water had risen too.

So I made my offer accordingly and it was accepted. After a lot of effort, our boat has been brought back to life, is thoroughly enjoyable and we are starting on the cosmetics. The dust mites did take 3 months to kill!

If the engines, stabilisers etc all work and engines only need TLC, make your offer with 35% off the asking price.

I insisted on a 3 hour sea trial at 1600RPM, not 1800RPM, 'coz boat had not been maintained in 5 years and that amount of sea trial time should show up surprises. There were none.

Discount more if stabilisers are busted. Hold firm with the broker and you will get it, probably on the fourth day! If looking for a bargain, never try to compare it with a cosmetically/mechanically beautiful boat or take someone with you who only looks at it in the present state. My wife found our boat, and being a farmer's daughter, could see through the rough exterior and what was possible.

Should you buy Timeless, get two young lads to immediately remove all the furniture, carpets, curtains , open/empty drawers, ditch old mattresses and start afresh. Open and remove all drawers. Set the lads on bleaching all surfaces and purchase multiple cans of eucalyptus spray and nuke the boat. Spray it behind cupboards, down voids, into bilge areas. This will kill the mould over time. We still use the spray cans regularly on a random basis. Another trick is to use "Oil of Clove" in an aromatic dispenser (on Ebay) in the bilges, anchor locker, cupboards, and voids. The mist will land on the mould and kill it. Fans help disperse eucalyptus spray and Clove Oil mist. Pull up all access panels looking for pooled water.

Make sure there is no water in the bilges, especially aft areas under the OSR bed or in cockpit bilge.

Boat will stop smelling immediately. Water in the bilge just causes all sorts of problems. Warm salt water in bilges causes a gas which corrodes wiring, strips paint, and damages everything.

Aircon evaporators should be accesses and fins/vanes cleaned/vacuumed, check drains and spray on oil of clove to kill mould.

From the photos, Timeless looks a beautiful boat. Two workers can do an awful lot to bring back the interior in a week and you can go from there with a plan. The mould can be controlled and eradicated over time.
    Last edited by scottinsydney; 08-18-2019 at 08:37 PM.
    +++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.