Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hynautic leak repair

I’ve tracked down a slow leak in my hynautic system to the quick disconnect in the line between the reservoir and the autopilot servovalve. There’s a few drops of oil in the bilge under the fitting, and the slightest lateral pressure on that collection of fittings produces a drop of fluid, so I assume vibration while underway does the same. My question is, can I replace that hose and collection of fittings with 1/4 nylon hydraulic tube and 2 female x push fittings? I just replumbed the powerpole on the fishing boat with that tubing and type of fitting, and it was a snap. Thanks for any opinions or related experience.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL

Re: Hynautic leak repair

Turns out the answer is “probably”, but I can’t confirm. Your local hydraulic distributor likely won’t have the brass FIP x push fittings, but will have the standard hydraulic model shown here. Took a fair amount of heat to get the old fittings apart. Not sure why all my pictures now post sideways.
    Attached Images
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL