Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

single round ss handles for shower and lav for my 1998 43'Conv

Does anyone know how to remove the handle from my shower? There is no hex head set screw whatsoever......only possible way I can determine is to pry off the ss round cover plate, however, I don't want to damage it if that's not the case. I have no hot water , and need to repair/replace the cartridge.

Also, is the freshwater pickup tube going to be located within the area of the hoses next to my manual gauge? I lose prime at 3/4 full water tank, and suspect deteriorated pickup tube!
    thanks for any help you can provide.

Re: single round ss handles for shower and lav for my 1998 43'Conv

A photo or two will help.
    Summer Star II
    1986 Christensen 70'
    Ensenada, MX

Here are some pics of the shower & faucetIMG_1010.jpgIMG_1006.jpgIMG_1007.jpg

If I was going to guess I'd say pry off the cap on the top and you'll probably find a screw under there. But it's only a guess.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Mos def'. Skinny blade to pry off the cap. Make sure water pressure is down before experimenting.
    Summer Star II
    1986 Christensen 70'
    Ensenada, MX

Not sure what you mean by "lose prime" but typically a deteriorated pick up tube will cause extreme wet farts at faucet and shower head. There is usually just one pick up tube per water tank and is right around the access hatch. Try suck and blow at the hose/tube ends to see what the critical path is.
    Summer Star II
    1986 Christensen 70'
    Ensenada, MX

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    If I was going to guess I'd say pry off the cap on the top and you'll probably find a screw under there. But it's only a guess.
    You are exactly right.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

If the cap does not pry off, look very carefully at the back of the base of the handle for a little slot that you have to stick a tiny flat blade screw driver into and push to release a spring loaded nub to release the handle. If it is that typ the slot is very hard to see, use a bright flashlight. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.