Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Whale Gulper IC installed

Quote Originally Posted by nautibake View Post
    Thanks Mike! Okay, now it makes perfect sense. I have a Whale Gulper pump that i had intended to use as an extra bilge pump, but I think I may re-purpose it for the forward sump and an AC condensate, looks like a great set up! Jerry
    That may take some doing. The Whale IC is designed to be kind of a proprietary system with the switching circuitry built into the pump (I think) instead of the switch. The Johnson Ultima switch has the switching circuitry in the “box” with the sensor, so it can be used with any pump. You could certainly use the Johnson switch and make your own manifold out of PVC pipe to use with a regular Whale pump. NOTE: I have exactly one installation of a Whale IC under my belt, so verify my statements with your own research.
    Mike Peters, 1985 43MY, Cat 3208T, Blue Bayou; 2011 Key West 246BR, F250, Baby Blue; Punta Gorda FL

Re: Whale Gulper IC installed

Quote Originally Posted by wpc691 View Post
    That may take some doing. The Whale IC is designed to be kind of a proprietary system with the switching circuitry built into the pump (I think) instead of the switch. The Johnson Ultima switch has the switching circuitry in the “box” with the sensor, so it can be used with any pump. You could certainly use the Johnson switch and make your own manifold out of PVC pipe to use with a regular Whale pump. NOTE: I have exactly one installation of a Whale IC under my belt, so verify my statements with your own research.
    I was thinking I would order their proprietary IC Manifold separately and combine with my existing WG pump, but I'd better verify that there is not a compatibility issue. A quick search indicates that I may have to get the IC manifold from the UK or Australia, but it is possible.
    Jerry B.
    "Sea Joy"
    Hull #318
    1977 58MY (Galley Up)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL