Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

New/used inflatable

I have a ‘96 Zodiac which was looking very tired. The hypalon was badly discolored and wasn’t much better after trying one of the paints allegedly for inflatables. Then... I found replacement tubes at Defender. Wow! The boat looks new. It cost about $2100 and was well worth it. And... the admiral will now ride in the dinghy again.😎 I’ve tried to attach a photo - we’ll see how that works.
    Attached Images
    Bob Leland
    1980 58' Yachtfish Hull#473
    Seattle,Wa / Phoenix, Az

Re: New/used inflatable

We had the same thing done in San Diego, it is a great value, yours looks great. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Quote Originally Posted by Leland View Post
    I have a ‘96 Zodiac which was looking very tired. The hypalon was badly discolored and wasn’t much better after trying one of the paints allegedly for inflatables. Then... I found replacement tubes at Defender. Wow! The boat looks new. It cost about $2100 and was well worth it. And... the admiral will now ride in the dinghy again. I’ve tried to attach a photo - we’ll see how that works.
    Did you have to install the tubes Nick?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Looks nice. I have been searching for a decently priced rib for a year or so. I found one recently re tubed but it sold before I could get to it.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

The install was fairly straightforward - it's a spline and track system. So you slide the old off and after soaping the track and spline well slide the new on. It does take some coaxing and two or three people but voila - a new boat. I then cleaned stains on the fiberglass with soap, bleach and 'Norwegian steam'. It looks great!Now the next project is reworking the '04 13' AB that was on the Hatteras when we bought it. Left out in the weather for 10yrs uncovered. It has serious sun damage, the controls are frozen up and the motor needs to be completely gone through. It'll take $3000 to get the controls and motor working, new fuel lines and tank cleaned. Then I've found a paint process to renew the upper part of the tube. It's called "Tuff SRC". A neighbor here at the marina used it on his boat 3yrs ago and it still looks great. Next is to get the rotted seats re-upholstered. I'll have about $4000 in the revamp. I'll then decide which boat to keep and sell the other. When I get the AB done I'll try to post some photos.
    Bob Leland
    1980 58' Yachtfish Hull#473
    Seattle,Wa / Phoenix, Az