Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: Rocna Anchor on a 75

I would remove the shackle altogether, it s just another point of failure.

Those Kong swivels (if that’s what it is) are pretty bullet proof and designed to be mounted on the anchor. A couple of years I bent the shank of a 176 lbs claw, the swivel held just fine
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I would remove the shackle altogether, it s just another point of failure.

Those Kong swivels (if that’s what it is) are pretty bullet proof and designed to be mounted on the anchor. A couple of years I bent the shank of a 176 lbs claw, the swivel held just fine
    I'm going to have to look at the setup again. Now that i'm thinking about it... I "may" have put that shackle there because the pin on the swivel was too big to fit through the chain link ID.... going to have to revisit it again for sure....
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Are you guys sure these pulpits will pull these big girls in?
    Attached Images
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Thanks for all the help, I couldn't have got the Vulcan on without y'all.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Good morning,

Could you let me know how wide the shank is in this spot and how wide and how deep your notch is? Funnily enough, the width of the shank is not published anywhere.

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JD5652 View Post
    Yes I did... I used a grinder and made several notch cuts and then either cut each one off or hand worked it until it came off. Used the grinder the best I could to "smooth" out the cut.... but it's tight quarters....

Attachment 58164

I will check my Shank width, my notch is about 1.5-1.75x almost "3. I had planned take off less, but with a 3" die grinder and a saw zall that's that I ended up with before clean up with files and Dremel tool. That small square didn't go easy. Good luck.