Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cruise Air

Cruise Air

My ac guy is having issues removing the hard start capacitor on my starboard unit which cover the forward and aft staterooms. The unit for the salon operates well. Trying to find parts for the unit that is giving me issues. 75’ 48’9 yacht fish. Anyone have a parts manual, or suggest who has parts for these?Will Sam’s be of any help?Thanks.
    Mitch Cohen Wilmington Ca75 YachtFish48YF363

Re: Cruise Air

My similar unit has two capacitors which are easy to remove and replace if you can see the numbers printed on them.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

I was able replace my capacitors, the super start I got at an appliance shop and the other at an electric motor repair shop.

Walt Hoover

You can buy caps on Amazon ,just need to know specs......Pat

My guy was able to get part numbers off the capacitors and sent me the link on amazon. Was amazed how inexpensive they are.
    Even with a hard start installed, it was still drawing 60 Amps on start which is about double what my boat dock power can handle.
    He is thinking it might be the compressor.
    I’m going to get him the manual and let him at it.
    He is trusted and has been in AC for over 40 years.
    Thanks for the responses.
    Mitch Cohen Wilmington Ca75 YachtFish48YF363

I was able to get a new circuit board for my cruisair from AER SUPPLY Ltd. PO Box 349, Seabrook, TX 77586 2301 NASA Parkway, Seabrook, TX 77586 USA O 281-474-3276 ext. 150 They were responsive and courteous, great customer service experience for me.
    Don Miller 73' Hatteras 43 DC (hull#381)

Quote Originally Posted by Cavofficer6 View Post
    I was able to get a new circuit board for my cruisair from AER SUPPLY Ltd. PO Box 349, Seabrook, TX 77586 2301 NASA Parkway, Seabrook, TX 77586 USA O 281-474-3276 ext. 150 They were responsive and courteous, great customer service experience for me.
    Flight Systems has been repairing A/C & gen-set boards for us, for over 15 years.
    As long as there is not a hole burned thru it, they can usually fix it.
    https://www.flightsystems.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ralph View Post
    Flight Systems has been repairing A/C & gen-set boards for us, for over 15 years.
    As long as there is not a hole burned thru it, they can usually fix it.
    https://www.flightsystems.com/
    +1 on Flight Systems. They can repair boards for which you can't find replacements. And they turn them around pretty quickly!
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Interesting outfit. They appear to be on the same road as the Rolls-Royce museum and foundation. I've heard lots of favorable comments about FS repairs and turnaround times.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Interesting outfit. They appear to be on the same road as the Rolls-Royce museum and foundation. I've heard lots of favorable comments about FS repairs and turnaround times.
    That’s because like 1/2 their business comes from them and there’s a lot of crossover between the people. They’ve rebuilt the seat memory and alarm modules in my 1989 Silver Spit and did a great job. Rolls’ have a major problem with the rechargeable batteries chosen by the factory to power all the electric gizmos when the car is off eventually become unsealed and leak battery acid all over the boards, ruining them. Flight Systems fixes it for 10% of the cost of a replacement. They’re a great outfit.