Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Rocna Anchor on a 75

Thanks Michael... IMO... that's not such a horrible fix....
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/im...ch/jpg.gifFits great! Need to modify stops some for side to side rocking but perfect otherwise!
    Attached Images

Not the same anchor, but to get a fit for a 110# SuperMax on a 63 MY, I made the "ears" to drop the
    roller about 4 inches. They bolt in to the original roller bolt holes. Pictured is my prototype; will have SS model made this winter.

John McCarley
    Water Colors
    Wrightsville Beach NC
    Attached Images

I am thinking about this "upgrade" as well. can anyone who has made this fit speak to the set and hold of the Vulcan? Does it work well as an anchor?
    riverrandy
    1975 64' MY Hull# 305
    Merritt Island, FL
    Cape Crossing Marina

I have a 55kg Vulcan on our 63’ CPMY and it fits and works well. I had to notch the plate at the forward end of the pulpit opening to get it to fully come up to the windlass. You could also reposition the roller to accomplish the same thing, but it was easier for me to grind SS than to drill it. It sets easily and holds well, the highest winds, so far, have been in the mid 40’s (mph) in sand.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

I installed the 55 kg Vulcan on my 58LRC this spring. First time out this spring we had 35-45 knot winds for about an 18 hour period and she held like a champ!

The anchor set on first drop as well. Giving it another workout this weekend for the July 4th holiday.
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

JD, did you have to modify the bow pulpit or roller, etc to fit that anchor? I will need to replace a 65# (undersized) CQR on a 58LRC also.

Thanks

Water works better than lubricant. I know it sounds weird but it’s true. Slow and wet and it cuts faster.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Zig-

Yes.. I had to make the same notch as Westfield. I used a cutting wheel and it went pretty quickly. I made several cuts and notched them out.
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Thanks