Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Rocna Anchor on a 75

I’m about to order a 55KG (121 lb) Rocna for my 75CMY. Does anyone know if the Rocna will play nice with my pulpit?
    Brett

Re: Rocna Anchor on a 75

You might want to consider the Vulcan made by Rocna....

http://rocna.com/product-range/vulcan

I believe the fit of the Vulcan would be better than the original Rocna…

I'm looking at the Vulcan 55 kg myself ...
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

I have the 55kg Rocna Vulcan and it fits well, if a bit low. I had to cut a notch in the front of the chrome steel to allow the anchor to come up a bit more. The shank of the Vulcan is very large and gets stopped from coming full up by jamming between the roller and the front of the steel pulpit assembly. A notch a bit wider than the thickness of the shank lets it come up several more inches.

I’d post a picture, but I used a hand grinder and it’s a bit of a hack job. I plan on making it pretty this fall when we haul out. Mr Clarkson’s pictures have made me embarrassed to post pictures of my ugly duckling!
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Michael... I woud much appreciate a photo so I can more easily visualize how the anchor fits under the pulpit.... when I looked at the Vulcan shank dimensions... I did wonder if the bow roller frame would need modifying..... did you think or try to move the roller aft and drill new holes for the roller shaft?

I was thinking that might be a possibility....

If you could even PM me the photo it would be most appreciated.... Thanks!
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

I thought it would be harder to drill SS than to grind it. If we were in a shipyard or on the hard, I would’ve tried to relocate the anchor roller instead. I’ll be anchoring near Deltaville later today and will try to get a picture to send you.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht

Much appreciated!!
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Hi,I use a 55kg Rocna on my 54MY. It sits perfectly in the original pulpit, no modifications done. See pic 😊
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    I’d post a picture, but I used a hand grinder and it’s a bit of a hack job. I plan on making it pretty this fall when we haul out. Mr Clarkson’s pictures have made me embarrassed to post pictures of my ugly duckling!
    IMG_0025.jpg
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

This is the notch in my pulpit. I’ll smooth and fill the fiberglass during the fall work program. This was a quick and dirty job to make things useable.
    Attached Images
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht

Quote Originally Posted by Westfield 11 View Post
    I thought it would be harder to drill SS than to grind it. If we were in a shipyard or on the hard, I would’ve tried to relocate the anchor roller instead. I’ll be anchoring near Deltaville later today and will try to get a picture to send you.
    You can drill stainless steel but you need to go slow. Slowest speed your drill will turn. Lots of lubrication to prevent it from getting hot and "work-hardening" at which point you're pretty much screwed. If drilling by hand, use a carbide tipped bit. Don't use solid carbide or you'll break the bit every time.