Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Soft tub hot tub on flybridge

So I'm toying with the idea of putting a 2 or 4 person Soft Tub hot tub on the upper deck. I have a large open area between the helm chairs and the outdoor seating which needs to be filled. I currently have my Novurania/50 HP Yamaha 2 stroke on the aft of the top deck which weighs around 910 pounds when full of fuel.
    The SoftTub when full of water weighs around 1100 pounds so I'm fairly sure the deck can take it...not sure so that's why I'm asking for opinions. I know I need to ask a marine architect but thought I would see if anybody here has installed something similar.
    A four person SoftTub when full of water would weight around 2100 pounds. I've had more than that weight with people of the top deck just socializing but it wasn't limited to once space.
    Thoughts?
    Thx
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee

Re: Soft tub hot tub on flybridge

Ron, I have seen a few Hatt 70’s with hard hot tubs on the upper deck right where you are thinking. Don’t see why your boat could not handle one, but it might be best to consult an expert first. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

I put mine in the fishing cockpit. I did a little under the deck bracing but I don't think it needs it.IMG_5199 3.jpg

I will mention that you might want to consider that your tender if a fixed weight and a hot tub will affect your stability as the water moves a lot. Even on my lower deck, it affects my ride. One time it got a little out of control. But I still do it.
    MASTERPLAN MIAMI
    1975 58 Ft. Yacht Fish
    8V71TI
    HULL # 396
    www.YouTube.com/MASTERPLANMIAMI

Adventure Awaits

Quote Originally Posted by MASTERPLAN MIAMI View Post
    I put mine in the fishing cockpit. I did a little under the deck bracing but I don't think it needs it.Attachment 33525

I will mention that you might want to consider that your tender if a fixed weight and a hot tub will affect your stability as the water moves a lot. Even on my lower deck, it affects my ride. One time it got a little out of control. But I still do it.
    That would make a kickass live well.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

I just spoke to C.D. Piner at Hatteras and wanted his opinion. He flat out told me the yachts were not designed for this amount of weight. If I wanted to do it I should contact a naval architect to make sure the structure will support the 1/2 ton to 1 ton of water with added support to the deck. Guess it was a nice idea not meant to be. Yours looks great on the back though!
    Looking for a 80 plus foot yacht
    Hatteras of Cheoy Lee