Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Financing

Re: Financing

Over the years I have bought and sold houses and mobile homes using seller financing.

I much prefer buying when the seller will finance but I have offered financing when I sell (especially mobile homes).

However, since I am a landlord, I really spend time and money screening my tenants and this makes a huge difference in our landlord - tenant relationship assuring that I get paid. You can easily screen people using a screening company or on your own. I do both. I even make sure to visit the place they are renting to get a look at how they are taking care of someone else's property.

If you are going to offer seller financing then do your diligence. Don't just offer it to anyone. The banks don't. It is just like renting to a tenant.

Jon
    Jonathan Brein
    1982 43' DCFB #550
    "Paragon"
    Chesapeake, Virginia

Banner Bank in San Diego is a community bank that offers great terms on older boats. They hold paper on much of the commercial and sportfish fleet. The branch manager is Robert Cafaro. I suggest calling him regarding this sale. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanjake View Post
    Banner Bank in San Diego is a community bank that offers great terms on older boats. They hold paper on much of the commercial and sportfish fleet. The branch manager is Robert Cafaro. I suggest calling him regarding this sale. Good luck.
    Thanks for the lead. I will call him, but looks like I may not need it. A cash buyer turned up yesterday.
    Bill Root, USCG 100 Ton Master, Near Coastal
    MV BUFFALO GAL
    1988 54' MY

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Root View Post
    Thanks for the lead. I will call him, but looks like I may not need it. A cash buyer turned up yesterday.
    Nice!
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Sterling Associates out of Ft. Lauderdale, and JustBoatLoans out of the Annapolis area both finance older Hatt's.