Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
The thread krush posted link to is the one I own. Right now I am only getting 2150 RPM on port and 2275 on starboard while reaching 27kts. So when we fix whatever is holding back port I should reach the 29 kts Dave was getting. We don’t carry a bunch of junk on the boat so not sure how it is 4 kts off of what it reached new. Maybe that run was with empty water, holding, and aux tanks.

Anyway if you go in the 600-700HP range you get an idea on performance. As for modification to the hull on the HP the only one I am aware of is the “ cut down keel”. Don’t know if hull was built this way or modified after.
One of my friends bought a brand new 46 HP sometime in the mid 80's and I remember talking about the
differences with the hull. Along with the keel redesign, the hull was also strengthened to compensate
for the additional power. We were out playing with his new boat and did well over 30K averaged on
several reciprocal runs. This was in Panama City Beach, Fla in the fall or winter as I remember it was
cool at the time. That was quite fast for that time. Today the demand seems to be for 40k or more.

Walt