Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Low sulphur fuel

So here is the question. How well will our 80's, 90's DD run with the reduction of sulphur in the fuel?
    It's a lubricant and they just removed most of it. Do we need to be concerned?? Toronto

Re: Low sulphur fuel

They add lubricity enhancers to the fuel but you can add more. I use Power Service Diesel Kleen as its sold just about everywhere and the price is reasonable.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

There was a good thread on this subject last week. I use 2 cycle 2cw3 oil. 1 gal per 200gals of fuel.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

I just started running 2 stroke oil after reading that thread, I added a gallon per tank. Just make sure it has no ash in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seapig100 View Post
    I just started running 2 stroke oil after reading that thread, I added a gallon per tank. Just make sure it has no ash in it.
    I missed the thread. Can you post a link?
    1977 Hatteras 58' MY, Hull No. 304, 4-stateroom galley up model with 8V71TIs in Knoxville, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by davidwigler View Post
    I missed the thread. Can you post a link?
    https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/sh...ur-diesel-fuel

Hello,

After having two broken injector rocker levers I now add lucas fuel treatment to my fuel. My engine builder believes that the new fuel is too dry as far as lubricity goes and causes the injectors to get stuck during the winter layup. He also suggested a mix of 25% oil, 75% fuel mix and poured into the racor and through the engine just prior to haul out in the fall.

If we run this fuel are we good or should we still use an additive?

http://www.valvtect.com/marineFuelDiesel.asp

Quote Originally Posted by HahnR View Post
    If we run this fuel are we good or should we still use an additive?

http://www.valvtect.com/marineFuelDiesel.asp
    I'd like to hear from anyone who pulls a pink filter out of a Racor as shown in the ad.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Sky - I too have been using the Diesel Kleen - 1 gallon per 100 gallons of diesel - what mixture ratio are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    They add lubricity enhancers to the fuel but you can add more. I use Power Service Diesel Kleen as its sold just about everywhere and the price is reasonable.