Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs up A shout-out to SeaEric for a fine job brokering my boat

I'd like to take a moment to commend one of the major contributors to the forum, for an exceptional job brokering my 52 Hatteras. Eric Horst, or "SeaEric" as most know him, runs Bayport Yachts in Chester, Maryland. Eric is a Hatteras owner and knowledgeable contributor to this site. He also happens to be an exceptional yacht broker with many years of experience and a seriously good knowledge of the Hatteras brand.
    I have dealt with Eric once before when shopping for a Hatteras and found him be a repository of valuable information and honest advice. I decided not to buy the one I was considering at and the time and feel I made the right choice, partially on the honest answers I got to all my questions.
    When it cam time to sell my super nice 52 Convertible, Eric once again stepped up and did a wonderful job as the selling agent and got it done quickly. Both sides of the table were impressed with his valuable support.
    So, thank you Eric and hopefully I'll be speaking to you soon, on another purchase adventure...... smaller this time!
    Vince

Re: A shout-out to SeaEric for a fine job brokering my boat

Having met Eric I will second this. He knows his stuff.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Aww shucks...you guys are too kind. Vince had a very nice boat and was realistic about her value which made my job very simple. We did get it done in 70 days from signed listing to closing. And this was with a protracted wait between survey day and vessel acceptance. I think everyone left the table happy which is always a good thing.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

But...but....how come you can't find poor old boatless Oscarvan a boat? Lord knows.....he's been looking long enough!!

( All in jest, of course).

That's a valid question. And he may well be involved when my plan for maritime world domination goes into action, however I'm still stuck in the salt mines for a few more years, which means I don't have the time needed to do it right, and my money is still tied up. The moment I officially retire that changes. Now, if the DOW goes to 40K today, I may accelerate the process.

In the meantime, I enjoy "hanging" here, and I am learning a lot of stuff which will pay off in spades when i pull the trigger.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay