Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: '79 Super Sixty thoughts

One odd trait I saw and others have confirmed it when the bottom drops below 5 fathoms the speed drops like a rock.
    5 fathoms? We only have water that shallow in the harbor, and only outside the channel. 2000' water is nine miles from dock.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331

Quote Originally Posted by luckydave215 View Post
    5 fathoms? We only have water that shallow in the harbor, and only outside the channel. 2000' water is nine miles from dock.
    Back in the day the drill was break Cape May inlet and run 150* for 4 1/2 hours to the tip of the Baltimore canyon. Somewhere about 12 miles offshore you could start to see the shape of the lightship in the haze. If you were a halfway decent helmsman it would be about 10* off the port bow.

https://www.delawarebaylightkeeper-f...ive_fathom.htm
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

​Thank you for all your positive comments ... much to our disappointment, the boat sold on our trip down to look at her. HOWEVER ... this does not mean the search is over !!

There's one for sale in my marina in San Diego (Kona Kai), she looks gorgeous on the outside.
    The broker is Kusler.
    I could have a look for you if you desire.
    "The older I get, the faster I was......."

1979 60C "Ohana" hull# 331