Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

3m Dinoc Vynl Wrap

1986 63 MY. The vynl (or whatever material it is) covering the pilothouse console is cracked and faded.
    I am stripping it and the underlying foam back to raw wood. It is nicely built from plywood. I am
    considering either painting or "skinning" it with a vynl teak wrap from 3M called Dinoc. It comes in 7
    flavors of teak. Has anyone used this or other vynl wrap on an interior project and if so, what
    brand/color did you find was a close match to 80's teak interior.

John McCarley
    Escape and Water Colors
    Wrightsville Beach NC

Re: 3m Dinoc Vynl Wrap

Quote Originally Posted by divert00 View Post
    1986 63 MY. The vynl (or whatever material it is) covering the pilothouse console is cracked and faded.
    I am stripping it and the underlying foam back to raw wood. It is nicely built from plywood. I am
    considering either painting or "skinning" it with a vynl teak wrap from 3M called Dinoc. It comes in 7
    flavors of teak. Has anyone used this or other vynl wrap on an interior project and if so, what
    brand/color did you find was a close match to 80's teak interior.

John McCarley
    Escape and Water Colors
    Wrightsville Beach NC
    If you go that route, keep us posted. I just watched some youtube videos on that product, potentially for my kitchen cabinets. On my 1987, the big flat pilot house surfaces look like a "masonite" type material, but has held up well and still looks new.

Re: 3m Dinoc Vynl Wrap

Ditto on sharing. I have some discolored wood from old window leak that I'd love to do something with.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC