Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

AC Panel Switch - Bow and Port

New to us 1986 63 MY. To the upper left of the A.C. Switching Panel there is a rotary switch with
    labels "Bow" and "Port". This switch is not shown in my original Hatteras Manual. Since buying the boat,
    we have been running power from the two 50a shorepower cords off the bow and this switch is set to
    "Bow". I assumed when I wanted to pull power through the power ports just behind the pilothouse
    doors, I would rotate this switch to port or starboard. However, there is no "STBD" label on the switch.
    Perhaps there is be a position to select starboard, but I have not tried it. Can someone explain the
    usage of this switch? Is it Hatteras original equipment?

John McCarley
    Escape and Water Colors
    Wrightsville Beach NC

Re: AC Panel Switch - Bow and Port

I've got the same model. I'm not looking at the panel now, but you are correct. The top rotary switches are the source switches, but remember, you've got line 1 and 2, port and starboard. So you have many options, you can do line 1 port, line 2 starboard, 1 and 2 port, or starboard, and not looking at it, I think there is a position for 125v. The bottom switches are for panel 1 or 2. So, on my boat, i use the port side. The top rotary switches are set to 1P, and the bottom switches one goes to panel one, and 2 goes to panel two. I'll post pics next time I'm down at the boat.