Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Deka 8v195 batteries discontinued

Local is $395 per. I called the factory and they told me that they were discontinued. Interstate Battery can no longer get them. I called DC Battery in Miami and they called someone that is their contact and said they were not aware that they were unavailable at this time...said there were plenty of them at the moment (flag post model). They quoted $285 ea plus freight of $285 up to MI for 8 of them.

Just an FYI.

We went to order the same battery from a source who I buy a LOT of batteries from and he was told by the distributor that they were showing "ten on the shelf". After paying for eight batteries, we waited and waited and waited.

Finally after a month my battery guy calls the distributor and was told that the inventory count was wrong, they were out of stock and offered no indication as to when they'd be available. This was two years ago. We gave up and bought Fullriver AGM's instead. Placed the order and had the batteries a week later.

I did learn several things though. Apparently Deka only manufactures that battery a couple of times a year and it's mostly for the locomotive market. Also we heard that they were getting out of the eight volt battery business because they sold certain product lines to other companies.

Based on my experience, I'd give it less than a fiddy fiddy chance you're ever gonna see those 8V195's

FWIW.
    Brian L

IMPETUOUS - 1984 Hatteras 53 ED MY Hull #CN720
    GOD'S GIFT - 1972 Chris Craft 42 Ft. Commander
    QUEEN B - 1974 Century 24 Ft Buccaneer
    GOD'S LITTLE GIFT - 1962 Johnson 19 Ft. Runabout
    MON AMI - 1984 Catalina 30Ft. Sloop

E. Penn warehouse in Winston-Salem has them come n stock.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Look for the 819 batteries. Those are the ones that were originally on most of the boats.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.