Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hi / Low, coffee /dining table

Almost finished building a new hi/lo table with pull up leaves to expand the table when up for eating. The top slides diagonally to be closer to the sofa...

The top and vertical pieces are Utile (a hard wood which I can find locally on 18” boards), the base insets are half inch mahogany plywood. Will post more after finished in Awlwood

Low position
    Attached Images
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Re: Hi / Low, coffee /dining table

High / expanded
    Attached Images
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Locking in up position is pretty basic... two plywood supports on hinges with a piece of line to bring them up. Not fancy but it works....
    Attached Images
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Looks great! Any chance you could post higher res pix/close-ups? I'm intrigued with the hi-low table concept but have never seen one in person. Some clues would be mucho appreciated.

Pascal, NICE work! I'm a builder but also am on a HGTV show (flea Market Flip) where I help contestants make things out of flea market finds. Half of the time, we make almost everything out of new wood and I also do most of the metal fabrication/welding. I have a complete workshop in my
    barn full of black walnut that I've been making coffee tables, dining tables etc but your table just inspired me to get busy making a new table for my 50c. Again, nice work! It's beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    Looks great! Any chance you could post higher res pix/close-ups? I'm intrigued with the hi-low table concept but have never seen one in person. Some clues would be mucho appreciated.
    Q, Under threat of displeasure of some of us on this forum, you may not start another project until we
    have your launch party....lol.

Walt

p.s. That hi/lo table looks very good. Pascal is a very skilled guy....

Quote Originally Posted by q240z View Post
    I will. It s very basic. I considered using a linear lift (they re cheap) but decided to stick to the KIDS method
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat