Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)

Threaded View

Anchor locker clean up

Ahead of re installing the Rebuild Galley Maid windlass I decided to clean up and improve access to the anchor locker. First thing I did was enlarge the opening and install a larger door. Angela if you see this, the door will look familiar as it came out of Sanctuary...

Will make installation a lot easier as well as replacing the solenoids and breaker with 24v versions

Then I got rid of years of dirt along with the old chain which I m going to replace. Turns out Hatteras used painted marine plywood with a few drainage holes. No the best on one side which had a back up line ride which I never used is badly rotted.... going to redo the bottom with foam cored glass.

Not crazy about the locker just draining to the bilge. That’s sloppy. Bear of a job to install drain hoses to a thru hull though...

I never realized how big the locker is... going to get rid of the fender baskets and store the fenders in there, I have a small 18x10 deck hatch which I am replacing with a larger one.

If anyone need fender baskets, 32v GM solenoids, breaker and motor... lmk
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat