Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

transom ladder- 43 MY 1986

Has anyone re-positioned the transom ladder on a 43 MY 1986? As I get older i am
    concerned about the angle of the ladder. It would help a lot to move the base rearward
    to make the descent safer.
    Thanks
    Werner Schoenknecht MIRAGE

Re: transom ladder- 43 MY 1986

Werner, I had the same issue on my last Hatt, a 1982 48 MY. It actually looks a lot like a larger version
    of the 43 MY. We did in fact move the bottom of the ladder aft about a foot. I was redoing the ladder
    anyway so it was no big deal. The old holes in the swim platform were fiberglassed closed and the entire
    swim platform was painted with awlgrip and non skid. It worked out very well but it's still not ideal. There
    have been examples of the ladder eliminated completely and replaced with a new one more like a stair
    case with a platform on top and the steps running sideways to the swim platform. That modification
    works best if the swim platform is extended a little to accommodate the new staircase and hand rail. That
    new layout really works out well, especially as we get older...

Walt