Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

AC help in Sarasota

One of my Cruiseairs is throwing a Hi PS code. Tried cleaning coils and confirmed good water flow, still no joy. Can anyone recommend a good tech in the Sarasota area?
    Brett

Re: AC help in Sarasota

Is the blower and coils accessible?

I've seen dust and dirt on the coils do that.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Did you clean heat exchanger? You could have scale on it keeping it from doing its job.

Same issue last week after coils cleaned. Try gently tapping on the little electric heat/cool solenoid valve. I did this with the compressor running and everything started working instantly.
    +++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.

Did you actually check water flow to that condenser? Since you likely have a manifold splitting flow to multiple units and then discharging jntona single sea chest the only way to confirm flow is to disconnect that discharge hose at the sea chest and put it in a bucket.

Many times I have pieces of shells loose in the system blocking flow to just a single condenser.

This happens whenever you try to back flush. Things get dislodged and jam. If you need to back flush always disconnect and back flush in a bucket
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

High pressure is either:

Poor heat exchanger function as outlined above

A restriction in the refrigerant circuit - such as the reversing valve example above

Overcharging

Faulty high side sensor or controller board

Wiring issue

The most likely cause is the heat exchanger as discussed in these posts. Confirm proper water flow to that unit as suggested but also use maximum city water pressure from a garden hose and pulse water through the isolated water flow circuit for that unit. You will be surprised at the amount of gunk that will come out of that circuit. The best way to confirm is to monitor the high side pressures before and after the cleaning. I have never used acid to clean my exchangers in the 17 years that I have owned the boat.

George
    Florida
    2002 Cabo 47
    MAN mechanical 800/8's

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality"

If you can’t resolve the issue call Bruce Weld 941-815-4360The Best in the area and very fair!

I was traveling through a Venice recently and had an A/C problem. People at the dock recommended Grande Air 941-351-0007. They have an office in Sarasota. They came out and did a great job at a fair price. They do household a/c but have one guy that just does the marine jobs and he was very knowledgeable.

Grande Air’s man is Jesse, very good, not inexpensive, but maybe booked out a couple of days. I have used him often.