Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Why we work on these old boats

Sometimes I wonder why I spend all this time and money working on my boat. Its days like these that make it all worth while. Got to take my son & grandson offshore yesterday. Also wife, daughter in law and granddaughter who is 1 year old. Wouldn't have been a fun trip for them in a center console but they faired quite well in the salon with a/c and TV going. This was both of the grand kids first trip offshore. I would say the grand daughter was the youngest one I have had offshore but had a 6 week old on a trip about 3 weeks ago. Im just glad the captain sits in the bridge and not the salon.

IMG_0254.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    65848384_10217584307671041_3445156983684988928_n.jpg
    Last edited by Briankinley2004; 06-30-2019 at 11:11 PM.

Re: Why we work on these old boats

THAT is what it is all about!!! Love it!!
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Some PFDs would be good?
    GLORY Hull # 365
    Northport, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Glory View Post
    Some PFDs would be good?
    I let them out of their PFD's for 1 minute at the dock to look at the live well and leave it to someone on this forum to complain. If it makes you feel better here is a picture to them in their PFD's while the boat was away from the dock

906632_10152211368726433_839866560993770678_o.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    I let them out of their PFD's for 1 minute at the dock to look at the live well and leave it to someone on this forum to complain. If it makes you feel better here is a picture to them in their PFD's while the boat was away from the dock

Attachment 32859
    Now that is funny!
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Somehow we survived
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Somehow we survived
    Not all of us. I lost a few along the way where a vest could have made a difference. And would have lost a few more if it wasn't for some VERY fast thinking and risk taking on the part of others.

I don't care what anyone thinks anymore. I'm not 20 and bullet proof these days and if there is ANY chance of going in and hitting my noggin on the way down I wear an inflatable. Kinda like the seatbelt in my car. Don't even realize it's there anymore.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

We had a great week on ours. We were able to get her up the Charles river for the 4th and the kids could not have been happier. It sure did make all the work I put into her this spring worth it.

I have to agree. My grandsons have kind of grown up on the the Grandbanks and now I have some younger granddaughters who will be spending summers on boat outings. It’s a lot of work and a bucket of money but worth every cent. How does it go? “I spent most of my time and money messing with boats - the rest of it I wasted.”
    Bob Leland
    1980 58' Yachtfish Hull#473
    Seattle,Wa / Phoenix, Az