Quote Originally Posted by Nick in Manitou View Post
Our '84 Extended Deckhouse model has the plastic (Plexiglass?) curved windshield units on both sides.

Ours are noticeably scratched with mostly very fine scratches that are probably the result of exposure to the elements for the last 35 years.

Just yesterday I cautiously started seeing if I could improve their condition with a buffing wheel (3 1/2" diameter, sewn cloth) on a variable speed cordless drill.

After flooding off the residual dirt, I tried using the buffing wheel with some Novus #1 and saw little change. So I switched to Novus #2 and it made a huge difference!

I have not had the time to get back to it yet, but I did spot a bit over one foot square on the aft end of the starboard side, both inside and outside. I am very pleased with the result. I will probably be able to move a bit more quickly as I get to know what the window can handle.

In the attached photo, the polished part is to the right of the center of the photograph. The difference in the way the two halves of the photo look are due to the polishing of the plastic, not due to a shadow on the window or other influence. (There are some scratches in the lower right of the photo that are pretty deep. They appear to be the result of someone removing a sticker from the window. I have not attempted to mitigate them yet.)
Attachment 33073

Nick

What a huge difference. Great job Nick.