Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Curved Side Windshields

My '75 Hat 58 LRC has 5 "windshield windows": 3 flat-plate glass panes, and a curved plexi or Lexan window on each side. Those curved plexi/Lexan windows are pretty thick, like maybe 1/4". But they're slowly growing opaque, like a milky white, from sun exposure, I assume.

Has anyone ever located a place that makes/sells curved windshield windows? Or know of someone that makes custom replacements?

Is it possible to get curved glass windows?

Re: Curved Side Windshields

Quote Originally Posted by Juliet 15 View Post
    My '75 Hat 58 LRC has 5 "windshield windows": 3 flat-plate glass panes, and a curved plexi or Lexan window on each side. Those curved plexi/Lexan windows are pretty thick, like maybe 1/4". But they're slowly growing opaque, like a milky white, from sun exposure, I assume.

Has anyone ever located a place that makes/sells curved windshield windows? Or know of someone that makes custom replacements?

Is it possible to get curved glass windows?

Call Sams. I think they have a solution.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

In the aviation world, it’s not uncommon to “polish” a plastic windshield 3-4 times over its useful life to remove surface crazing. Really nothing more than a progressively finer wetsanding, taking it down a few thousandths per event. Once a certain minimum thickness is reached, must be replaced because of reduced strength on pressurized aircraft. Afterward, windshields normally look new. Seems like it would be worth a google search??

I have the same issue as well on the port side window of my 1976 58 LRC.... I will be calling Sams tomorrow.... thanks!
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Could you please post the results of your enquiries about how to do this.
    +++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.

Here is the info I got from SAMS.....

They recommend using a company called Cesany Plastics in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. You will need to remove your current windshield and send it to them to be utilized as a template for manufacturing a new window. I have not yet talked with Cesany Plastics yet as to the cost or turnaround of this service. Here is the contact info for anyone needing it before I follow up....

Cesany Plastics

165 NE 32nd Court
    Oakland Park, Florida 33334
    954. 568.2002 office

www.yachtwindows.com

Contact Name: Alex
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL