Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Hatteras selling market

I couldn't face it. The broker who found the boat for me commented at one time that she had become a member of the family. Very true. I realized that after nearly three decades with her, I was not going to sell her.

I feel like I found a boat today that I would buy.Call a marine finance company about a loan.They will not finance a boat older than 1987.Just one company the yacht broker had me call.Anyone know a good marine finance company to use???Big down payment and I have a good credit history.

I don't know of any finance companies but if you have a good relationship with a bank it's worth a try. I never financed a boat.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by shallowskiff View Post
    I feel like I found a boat today that I would buy.Call a marine finance company about a loan.They will not finance a boat older than 1987.Just one company the yacht broker had me call.Anyone know a good marine finance company to use???Big down payment and I have a good credit history.
    What year is the boat? Which model/size?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    What year is the boat? Which model/size?
    1980 61 my

Sterling Acceptance in Annapolis. Dave and Karen 1-410-268-1545. Great rates. Bought mine in 2002, 1978 Yachtfish. When rates dropped they renegotiated with the lender to reduce the rate 3 times. Can not say enough good about them
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by tomrealest View Post
    Sterling Acceptance in Annapolis. Dave and Karen 1-410-268-1545. Great rates. Bought mine in 2002, 1978 Yachtfish. When rates dropped they renegotiated with the lender to reduce the rate 3 times. Can not say enough good about them
    I will call them Monday.Thank you!

A marine lender may do better for you than your bank.If you have a large enough initial payment, it’s possible that the seller of the boat would agree to hold a note for the balance, subject to the usual agreements and indemnities to protect them. If all else doesn’t work out, might be worth a try.

If a marine lender won’t write a loan on a boat because of its age, regardless of condition, and its brand, just because of the age number, that’s pretty shabby, I think.

If you have a good relationship with your bank start there. Mine didn't want to fool with all the marine mortgage paperwork so they just did an unsecured loan for what I borrowed on mine. It was interest only for a while but I could pay on the principal. I got them to do some terms then paid it off. If you don't owe on your house you could always borrow against it. Don't take my words as financial advice though. You don't want to spend more than you can comfortably repay.

Try Light Stream boat loans through SunTrust Bank. They are unsecured and a very easy process.

Tony