Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Is it really that difficult to get a website that is a little more user friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    Ditto Pascal.

We are very fortunate that Sam's provides and maintains this site. I've saved thousands of dollars from free and accurate advice received here. I also just enjoy spending a few minutes a day reading about what other weird people who own antique boats are doing. When I sold my last Hatteras the buyer was familiar with the brand, boat and my use and maintenance history by reading posts here.

So please keep rewarding the guys at Sam's with your purchasing dollars. It's a great investment.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY (54 with cockpit extension)
    Tampa (Marathon Key today)
    Let's just imagine my thoughts were directed more at the membership and our ability/willingness to provide oh, say $25/yr? $50/yr to Sams (it works for boatdiesel.com) to help bring it up to standards, maintain, and possibly upgrade. Is there a way to pitch this to them and the membership?

Re: Is it really that difficult to get a website that is a little more user friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by ageless View Post
    Let's just imagine my thoughts were directed more at the membership and our ability/willingness to provide oh, say $25/yr? $50/yr to Sams (it works for boatdiesel.com) to help bring it up to standards, maintain, and possibly upgrade. Is there a way to pitch this to them and the membership?
    Many would not pay. I think it works best to be free to get the most participation. Sam's benefits from getting traffic. I'm sure this free service gets the most people to learn about Sams and increases orders. You just have to learn how to use the site. It works fine.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I think boatdiesel has the same picture size restrictions. Of all the forums I use, only one has the capability of automatically resizing pictures. It s runs day hosted by volunteers some of them programmers.

Resizing pictures isn’t rocket science and easy to do whether on a phone, tablet or PC
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I think boatdiesel has the same picture size restrictions. Of all the forums I use, only one has the capability of automatically resizing pictures. It s runs day hosted by volunteers some of them programmers.

Resizing pictures isn’t rocket science and easy to do whether on a phone, tablet or PC
    I didn't mention any resizing issues, at least I don't think resizing will invert them right side up.

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Many would not pay. I think it works best to be free to get the most participation. Sam's benefits from getting traffic. I'm sure this free service gets the most people to learn about Sams and increases orders. You just have to learn how to use the site. It works fine.
    Agreed, nothing wrong with wishin

During my 1.5 hour chat with Scott he says I "should discuss charging systems" with you

Agreed, nothing wrong with wishin

During my 1.5 hour chat with Scott he says I "should discuss charging systems" with you
    Not many options for 32v anymore. The old Sentry and LeMarch or the smart charger from Analytic, or an Outback Charger/inverter.

Feel free to send me a PM with your phone number.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I have resized all my photos and every one posts upside down. Even if I make the original upside down and upload it, it's STILL upside down
    I take pics with my iPhone. They will post upside down from the phone to the site. So, I send my pics to my laptop, open them and spin them 360 and close. From then on, they post in correct orientation.

This may not be the most up to date site, but neither are our boats and neither am I. I would suggest taking your complaints to Sams via a call or email as opposed to open posting. All I can say is Sam's has got to be the most patient and forgiving folks ever for what I've seen posted over the years (not singling anyone out). And I really appreciate them!
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    This may not be the most up to date site, but neither are our boats and neither am I. I would suggest taking your complaints to Sams via a call or email as opposed to open posting. All I can say is Sam's has got to be the most patient and forgiving folks ever for what I've seen posted over the years (not singling anyone out). And I really appreciate them!
    Complaints about the site are meant for this section, why keep them a secret so Sam's knows the extent of the dysfunction. No need to judge my intention or demeanor

“(not singling anyone out)”
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

.Robert, I take pics on I-pad or I phone also and I don’t mean this to sound like a smartAss remark but I just take my pictures for the site with the phone or iPad upside down, works perf every time. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.