Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is it really that difficult to get a website that is a little more user friendly?

Why do I have to work for thirty minutes to figure out how to upload pictures on this forum?

I still can't get them to post anyway but upside down

Re: Is it really that difficult to get a website that is a little more user friendly?

I post 20 photos a day on the morning funny with no issues. I put them on with my iPhone and iPad. Are you using a laptop?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Re: Is it really that difficult to get a website that is a little more user friendly?

Click manage attachments, select file and upload... nothing to figure out

Usually if the upload fails it s because the file is too large. People don’t realize that picture files have become huge and must be resized before uploading. This is not an issue with this forum...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    I post 20 photos a day on the morning funny with no issues. I put them on with my iPhone and iPad. Are you using a laptop?
    yes, laptop

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Click manage attachments, select file and upload... nothing to figure out

Usually if the upload fails it s because the file is too large. People don’t realize that picture files have become huge and must be resized before uploading. This is not an issue with this forum...
    I have resized all my photos and every one posts upside down. Even if I make the original upside down and upload it, it's STILL upside down

Maybe the version of wordpress is old. I cannot open anyone's photos on chromebook or android anymore.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

I normally don't upload images to here. Instead I upload them to imgur.com and link them from there. Just copy the BB code on the picture and post it here. You can also rotate images on imgur.

good points. Thanks everyone. I'm going to just use google pic host but........REALLY? 2019??

I am guessing you haven’t tried to use the search function yet...... The clunkiness and inaccurate results is my pet peeve here: you practically need to know the answer before you search!
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Considering what we pay for the service, I don’t think we should complain ...
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Ditto Pascal.

We are very fortunate that Sam's provides and maintains this site. I've saved thousands of dollars from free and accurate advice received here. I also just enjoy spending a few minutes a day reading about what other weird people who own antique boats are doing. When I sold my last Hatteras the buyer was familiar with the brand, boat and my use and maintenance history by reading posts here.

So please keep rewarding the guys at Sam's with your purchasing dollars. It's a great investment.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY (54 with cockpit extension)
    Tampa (Marathon Key today)