Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

1987 43 Motor Yacht Propeller call out

Can anyone tell me what propeller belongs on this model boat or where I might find out?

Thanks

Re: 1987 43 Motor Yacht Propeller call out

your owners manual should have what was on it from the factory
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Re: 1987 43 Motor Yacht Propeller call out

I had 2 43DC's over a period of many years, one had a pair of 6-71JT's rated at 310HP each. That boat
    had a transmission reduction gear of 1.97/1 with 4 blade nibral wheels 24 X 24. The second boat had
    a pair of 6-71TI's rated at around 390 HP and Capital gears of 1.5/1. Both boats had 1-3/4" shafts.
    Your 43MY (assuming it has Detroits (6-71TI) should be equipped the same. I have no idea what the
    specs for your model with the Cats had, but there are plenty of HOFer's on this site who I am sure will
    be happy to chime in to help you....

Walt

almost forgot.... the TI boat had a pair of 4 blade Stainless steel props sized 24 X 22 1/2". It originaly
    had Bronze props(24x23.5) but I sprung for big bucks for a pair of Stainless and for whatever reason, the boat
    performed much better even though it had slightly less pitch than original. If you go stainless (very
    expensive), they are very smooth and don't flex much but be sure you have break away couplings or
    you may break a gear if you hit something. Fortunately I never hit anything with them. I believe they
    cost at least double the price of regular props of the same dimensions.