Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Galley maid 32v head pump rebuild

Are there any other options for this besides Raz? I’m on the left coast and dread the downtime of shipping both ways coast to coast. Thanks.

Re: Galley maid 32v head pump rebuild

If it’s not the motor it’s easy to rebuild. Look it up on YouTube. If you need help I can walk you through it. Takes about 15 minutes to install new stators. It’s easy. PM me if you need help.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I’ve changed stators before. The pump in question has a slow leak from the seal on the main shaft and now it intermittently won’t turn even when it has 36v. Motor may need to be rewound

You are correct. You should be able to find a local shop to do that. Raz is very pricey to rebuild yours. If it’s a time issue Raz will send you a rebuilt unit and credit you for the core when you send it back to them. Still pricey.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Probably just a bearing since you said it leaked. Local auto electric shop did mine.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

I just upgraded to Vacu-Flush and would be interested in selling one of the two Pumps that I had removed.

They both work, and before I made the decision to upgrade to Vacu-flush, I had to replace one of my old ones, which I purchased from Raz. Raz has even offered to buy the two pumps that I have.

You can reach me at 651-341-8932.

Marcus
    Beach House-Hull#421

I always have a pair of stator's, rotors, and seals on boat, and as other have said it is pretty quick to rebuild if not badly corroded.
    Two off mine would stop intermittently due to sticking brushes and burnt commutator. Easy repair, which I did myself. Also any small DC electric motor shop should be able to repair.
    Ray

1983 61CY 319

AnnaVal
    Jacksonville FL.

Big thanks to MGernes for setting me up with a very clean 32v unit for a very reasonable price and jumping through some hoops to ship to arrive before the weekend when my first avenue failed. Great community we have here. I think I owe a member a favor now, so I will look for what I have to offer.

Thanks again!

Never throw anything out until you post it. You never know whose in need. As they say one mans junk is another mans treasure. So true.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Wouldn’t you know it....I installed the very clean donor from MGernes and moved into changing the stator in another pump and broke off an electrical lug! I pulled the pump and brought it with my corroded old pump to work on a bench at home. I managed to scavenge the needed lug and replace it so I have a good pump again, along with the other good parts for spares such as rotors, good condition stators, brushes, armature, and nose cones. These pumps come right apart...easy to work on! If someone needs a part, let me know.