Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: I need some help fo air conditioning change out on 53MY

Quote Originally Posted by Photolomy View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, but my boat has the original (blue) cruisair units, and they all work. What kind of PM should I be doing? If I called a tech to check on them once a year, what would I expect them to look for? I suspect that they are in the shape they are in because the boat was up north in fresh water all its life.
    I would say at a minimum the heat exchangers need to be serviced annually. I clean mine using the Genesis method. I then check pressures and add refrigerant if needed. Also clean filters monthly along with annual cleaning of the evaporator coils. Also I keep my seawater strainer cleaned and put a handful of bromide tablets in the strainer every weekend I use the boat

Re: I need some help fo air conditioning change out on 53MY

Would like to say back to the OP stating the cost of the gas is one of the reasons to get away from R-22. Im not sure what is going on but the price of R-22 has gone way down. It was up close to $800 for a 30 pound drum a couple years ago. I went into the supply house today to check on replacing one of my home R-22 units. I have 1.5 drums left and was saving for the boat. The salesman told me that R-22 was down to $340/30# drum right now. Might be a good time to stock up unless some of the tariffs have rolled off for good.