Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

"Hey, Let's take out the boat". O.K. Let's.

How to and how we prepare to take out a 60 ft yacht, the MASTERPLAN

Taking out a 60 ft yacht entails a few preparations. This video is a HOW TO on what we do to prepare to take the boat. It might be more than you think. Even if you own a yacht and do these things yourself, you might not even realize all that you do because we get used to it. For those that don't have experience in this area, come on over, let's take the boat out.

https://youtu.be/e7wd21ZegJI

Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 9.33.50 PM.jpg
    MASTERPLAN MIAMI
    1975 58 Ft. Yacht Fish
    8V71TI
    HULL # 396
    www.YouTube.com/MASTERPLANMIAMI

Adventure Awaits

Re: "Hey, Let's take out the boat". O.K. Let's.

like the video,but a couple of things i noticed that i do differently. SLOW down that water flow into the tank, it will bust the tank if the air cannot escape fast enough(ask me how i know) and it appears that you switched from shore to generator power with electricity still going to the rotary switch, this will burn the contacts in the switch(they are not cheap) i would turn the breakers off before turning the switch. great video by the way
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Re: "Hey, Let's take out the boat". O.K. Let's.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    like the video,but a couple of things i noticed that i do differently. SLOW down that water flow into the tank, it will bust the tank if the air cannot escape fast enough(ask me how i know) and it appears that you switched from shore to generator power with electricity still going to the rotary switch, this will burn the contacts in the switch(they are not cheap) i would turn the breakers off before turning the switch. great video by the way
    Thanks bigbill. Someone else has since told me the same thing about the switch. I’ll be correcting that action from now on. Thanks again.
    MASTERPLAN MIAMI
    1975 58 Ft. Yacht Fish
    8V71TI
    HULL # 396
    www.YouTube.com/MASTERPLANMIAMI

Adventure Awaits