Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hatters and the Torx head screws

I’ve had it with the old square drive screws and bolts.now my salon door latch broke and I can’t find anything smaller than a #1 drive to get the latch mechanism out. Looks like it’s time to invent-a-tool again. Anyone know where to find a bit smaller than a #1? The depot doesn’t have anything

Re: Hatters and the Torx head screws

number 0 Robertson driver.............Pat

I was just on my boat last night removing a bunch of stuff with original square drive fasteners and used one of my favorite tools which is the 8 in 1 compact ratcheting multi bit screwdriver from Milwaukee purchased at none other than Home Depot!

Works well because it's short and stubby so I can get into tight spaces but has a fat handle to apply decent leverage to tight screws. Used the square drive on the Hatt since the day we bought the boat.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...2330/308510693
    Brian L

IMPETUOUS - 1984 Hatteras 53 ED MY Hull #CN720
    GOD'S GIFT - 1972 Chris Craft 42 Ft. Commander
    QUEEN B - 1974 Century 24 Ft Buccaneer
    GOD'S LITTLE GIFT - 1962 Johnson 19 Ft. Runabout
    MON AMI - 1984 Catalina 30Ft. Sloop

Thanks guys! Pat, I didn’t know there was a #0 but off to find one before I mess up the heads. Thanks!

http://parts.samsmarine.com/PartSear...ItemNmbr=90009

I've got a couple of those floating around the boat. VERY handy to have all bits in one place.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Found the 0 square bit in a set at the depot. The broken part in the latch mechanism is a small spring which returns the latch. Wouldn’t you know, Sams has them on the shelf! I’m getting a few other odds and ends to make it worth their time.
    Thanks everyone and thanks to Sams!