Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

53 m/y refitted with Yanmar motors

I have seen the video,whatever happened to that yacht ? Is it still around,did the engines survive? Edward

Re: 53 m/y refitted with Yanmar motors

Does anyone know if the motors worked well or did they blow up ?

The boat is alive and well and docked in or around KAM Marine which is the old Gregory Boat/Detroit Boat Basin near Bayview Yacht Club on the Detroit River.

The owner of Gregory Marine owned the boat at one time and was the person responsible for the repower. The yard personnel that you see in the video were Gregory Marine employees. He sold the boat a few years ago I believe due to health and financial issues and the current owner keeps the boat near Bayview Yacht Club because he also has a large racing sailboat.

My sister was on the boat last year and said it looked very nice and owner said it performed well with the Yanmars.
    Brian L

IMPETUOUS - 1984 Hatteras 53 ED MY Hull #CN720
    GOD'S GIFT - 1972 Chris Craft 42 Ft. Commander
    QUEEN B - 1974 Century 24 Ft Buccaneer
    GOD'S LITTLE GIFT - 1962 Johnson 19 Ft. Runabout
    MON AMI - 1984 Catalina 30Ft. Sloop

Thanks for the reply. There was much discussion about the durability/ longevity of these motors,glad to know that the refit was successful. Edward