Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: 671tib lost rpms

Last year maybe ok but how many hours since?
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Make sure the shut down levers are fully seated by the springs. Yes, that happened to me. The booster spring on our port engine would drag the throttle back so I loosened that up also.
    Regards
    Dan

Not that many hours at all maybe 30

Improvement after changing secondaries, one air filter seems to be full of oil as I took them off to clean and one keeps dripping oil anyone know what this could be?

Quote Originally Posted by captcrunch View Post
    Secondaries were changed last year. I’ll change them again and clean air filters just in case
    Bottom
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

In general.... if the filter is full of oil and the turbo spins freely.... meaning no oil/grease breakdown from bearing, etc.... it could simply be in need of cleaning if it hasn't been done for a while.... You have Walker Air Seps... or somehting else? If Walker Air Seps…. then you actually put oil on those filters to make them more efficient at air filtration...
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Quote Originally Posted by captcrunch View Post
    Improvement after changing secondaries, one air filter seems to be full of oil as I took them off to clean and one keeps dripping oil anyone know what this could be?
    Excessive blow by or stopped up filter drain hose (Air Sep) and/or its check valve. Need to verify turbo drain is open as well.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Has a set of k and n filters right off turbo. Pouring here in ny today but hopefully will bayvtest tomorrow and all will be ok

Boat still not exactly right, will not run 100% but then will feel like it should on its own then bog down a little

Airseps have a second filter many people dont change.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.