Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Replacing Aircon Water Hoses

Nice!

A multitool is a must have on board. It s the tool I use the most. I can’t remember the last time I use a Jigsaw
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

You aren't kidding. I did all the cutting and shaping work for the aft bulkhead repair on my boat with one- my OLD one- and it was perfect. I can't imagine working on a boat without one. Mine are so old that they are Feins, bought before all the other ones came out when Fein's patent expired.

Great job!

One thing I've done in a couple places on my boat is to use PVC pipe as a chase to run lines I couldn't practically ever run again (without similar disassembly/demolition) if I used P clamps. It's a happy medium between installing FRP chase tubes during manufacture and tearing up things to get to places where P clamps have everything locked in place.

Then again, if it lasts for another 35 years...let that captain deal with it. Because anybody willing to take on a boat that old will either be crazy, stupid, or rich enough that it just won't matter! lol