Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)

Threaded View

Replacing Aircon Water Hoses

Recently I cleaned all the aircon coils and noticed the water hoses were very tired after 35 years and needed replacing. 35' of reinforced Vetus 1" water hose arrived and a few days ago I started looking at how to replace the hoses between the aircons in the genset room and the pumps in the port engine room.

Using my iPhone via the small rear bilge hatch in the twin cabin showed the following condition of the aircon hoses and bracketing...... I have never understood why Hatteras used aluminium P Clamps? I continually replace them with stainless on each new project.

Aircon Hoses.jpg

I've now cut out the flooring with a multitool, leaving enough space along the sides and end if additional floor strengthening might be required when refitting. Luckily the floorboards were not glued to the cross beams.

I drew and then lightly scored my cutout first. Satisfied everything was at 90 degrees and square it made using the multitool very simple. The multitool is a fabulous invention.

IMG_6985.jpg

IMG_6987.jpg

So the aircon hose can now be easily replaced, old and new electrical wires tidied up and bilge can be scrubbed clean. I'll divide the floor into two pieces to make for easier inspections and repairs.

I'd recommend anyone with the same 1980's MY set up as ours take a look at the aircon hoses in the twin cabin.
    Last edited by scottinsydney; 06-13-2019 at 01:01 AM.
    +++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.