Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

I think this is brilliant

Being LED's they draw next to nothing for power....could use these all over the boat including the bathrooms.

https://www.snappower.com/pages/guid...SAAEgK3MfD_BwE

Re: I think this is brilliant

Great if you are a Marina Queen or leave your generator on all night
    Summer Star II
    1986 Christensen 70'
    Ensenada, MX

UL or other testing lab certification would be my first requirement. Im not sure where they make them.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

You'd have to paint them to match most of our boats. I suppose you could do that, but you'd have to be careful not to paint over the sensor. Also the light looks kind of bluish.

Give us an update 3 months from now. If you’re still happy I’m getting them. I love the idea.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I bought a toilet seat that had an LED light under it. You could set it to come on at a certain time and go off in 8 hrs. It was awesome when it worked but went out in about 3 months. Put in new batteries and didnt help. Lost the receipt so figured I got a bad one. Got another and same deal.

Bought a fart fan with built in blue tooth speaker. Same deal. Lasted about a couple weeks past the warranty and went out.

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    I bought a toilet seat that had an LED light under it. You could set it to come on at a certain time and go off in 8 hrs. It was awesome when it worked but went out in about 3 months. Put in new batteries and didnt help. Lost the receipt so figured I got a bad one. Got another and same deal.

Bought a fart fan with built in blue tooth speaker. Same deal. Lasted about a couple weeks past the warranty and went out.
    I did the toilet lights as well. All three went out after a month. They sent me three new ones that also didn’t work. That’s why I asked for a 3 month update. I don’t trust Facebook advertising.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

IMG_3107.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    I did the toilet lights as well. All three went out after a month. They sent me three new ones that also didn’t work. That’s why I asked for a 3 month update. I don’t trust Facebook advertising.
    Bought mine from the Homo Depot and they were advertised mainstream. In fact I think they were name brand. Another one though involved obscure advertising I fell for. My LED 12" square shower head. It worked wonderfully at first with the LED's being red when the water was hot, green when medium and blue when cold. After the first year the lights would only burn one color and now they dont work at all. I still like the shower head for its looks without the light but the LED feature is toast.
    Last edited by Briankinley2004; 06-11-2019 at 11:40 PM.