Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Hatteras 58 LRC " Emerald Lady"

I am pretty set on a 58 LRC and this one seems to be a great deal. The broker I am working with believes that this boat might have experienced a fire at some point, necessitating the paint on the engines and hull. Any thoughts?

Emerald Lady has been sold just recently to a gentleman from England. I was looking at this boat as well but my broker friend in Ft. Lauderdale reached out to the listing broker and found out it was sold.
    Knot Your Hatt
    1975 58 LRC Hull#302
    Little River, South Carolina

Emerald Princess was once owned by the Commodore of the LRC club, years ago. He was a top engineer and
    did modify her so the aft deck and salon were level and wheel chair accessible for his daughter.
    To my knowledge she did not burn, but an LRC that sold a few months ago did.

I joined the Hatteras LRC Club when I was looking for my first boat. Wow 20 years ago and 2 LRCs.
    If you might be considering one, its a nice group, its $35/yr to join, a little less than half the LRCs built are
    members. HatterasLRC.com I just finished updating the site a little.

Also, there is a revdezvous next month in Annapolis! 6 boats signed up to come so far 1-48 and
    5-58s. One 58 coming is Skooch. She has had her wall paper removed and the Mozambique teak
    re-finished in the salon and galley. She also has over 15K+ hours on her 6/71, may be more.

David
    Skooch 1976 58 LRC
    Sassafras River MD

I know where Emerald Princess is located however Emerald Lady is actually the boat that was in Ft. Lauderdale recently listed at $195k. Emerald Princess has not been on the market. I have spoke with the owner of Emerald Princess within the past couple weeks and you are correct about her modifications and she is located in Maryland.
    Knot Your Hatt
    1975 58 LRC Hull#302
    Little River, South Carolina

Skooch, what are your dates in Annapolis; are you all staying at Yacht Basin or somewhere else? I would like to stop by and say hello, try and meet everyone.

Jim, come on buy. We will be at the yacht club, i think that's the basin Sept. 13 thru 15.
    Skooch

Will do. It ill be in the morning, because I'm working afternoons at the hospital all three days, but we'll figure out something.

I don't know if this is the same listing from 2 years ago or a new one:

https://www.yachtworld.co.uk/boats/1...uiser-3821952/

They do not list the engine hours anymore if it is the same listing. It would be interesting to find out because although it has been several years since I looked at her. I still remember a lot of the pictures.
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Those are definitely OLD pictures. I happened across Emerald Lady at Harborage Marina in St. Petersburg, FL about a month ago. She was on the end of A Dock. Sorry to say she was looking VERY rough from the outside. Appears she had been "abandoned" for some time. The marina staff said that a couple of salvagers had been at the marina lately looking at her.

Think I took a couple pics of her... let me see if I can find them on my phone and I'll post them up.
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

I hate to hear that. I looked at her in early 2018 and paid for a survey only to find out the top deck was soft and had to be replaced. The owner had her really shined up at the time. Would up buying a 1989 67' out of Chicago that had spent 1/2 of it's life in fresh water for about the same price. Much more solid but with the V12 diesels, probably 3x fuel burn. The LRC's are really expensive.
    West Wind
    1989 67’ CMY Serial 311
    Myrtle Beach, SC