Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Robertson autopilot head. HELP

In the Dominican Republic where I just bought a Hatt 61 cockpit motor yacht. It has a Robertson
    AP 300 auto pilot but the control head screens are broken. Anyone know where to get a new or rebuilt head unit fast? I tried Max Marine inn Florida no luck. Stuck here till I can fix the system.
    HELP

Re: Robertson autopilot head. HELP

Have you tried using it, just because the readout does not work you till should be able to drive the boat to your course and Engage the pilot and it will hold the course, mine did. Might be enough to get you back to the states, john
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

You can mix heads also. My old boat had a AP300 and and an AP 20 head working off the same system. Simrad will tell you it does not work , but it it does. Also try disconnecting one of the heads and see if the other will power up with the screen , I had a 300 which was malfunctioning and took the whole system out , when I DC'd it the other (pilothouse) AP20 worked fine.....Pat

You're stuck? You could run it with no autopilot. Watch the compass and steer a course. Funny how we forget how we used to do it.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    You're stuck? You could run it with no autopilot. Watch the compass and steer a course. Funny how we forget how we used to do it.
    Maybe so, but watching a compass on a long open water cruise is both very tiring and inefficient.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC