Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Selling Yachts - Bella Sophia

Hey Tony, I am guessing that was yours that was on the show. How about a spoiler alert. Did the couple on the show buy the boat? All they talked about was how many friends they could get aboard for a party. Seemed clueless about boating. I know you have sold it.

Re: Selling Yachts - Bella Sophia

Most of them on the show are clueless, just have money. Like when they wonder if they can park it. And no offence intended, you gotta start somewhere. I just watch sometimes when bored to get a look inside big sportfish and see woodwork in nice trawlers and sailboats. Turn off the sound and the show is better.

I really enjoy the show, when I happen to catch it. Yeah, most of the people are clueless but we were all pretty clueless at one point too!!
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Yes, that was my boat. No, they did not buy it. It’s funny that couple walked through a totally different style of boat and tried to make comparisons. Bella’s new home is somewhere in the Carolinas.
    Thanks,

Tony

2008 Cheoy Lee Bravo 78 "Bella Sophia"
    1989 78' Hatteras CPMY #311 "Bella Sophia" (sold)
    2007 Everglades 290cc “Bada Bing” (sold)
    2006 Advanced Outdoors 28cc (sold)
    2003 Melges 24 "Bada Bing" (sold)
    2023 HCB 42 “Bada Bing”

Just curious. How did Selling Yachts get to choose your boat to show?

It was arranged through my broker. 26 North Yachts. They are good guys. My boat got a lot of exposure at no extra charge. They sold my Hatteras and got me into my 2008 Cheoy Lee within 2 weeks. Went very smooth. I have no affiliation with 26 North Yachts. Just passing along the info.
    Thanks,

Tony

2023 HCB 42 “Bada Bing”

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytrakovich View Post
    It was arranged through my broker. 26 North Yachts. They are good guys. My boat got a lot of exposure at no extra charge. They sold my Hatteras and got me into my 2008 Cheoy Lee within 2 weeks. Went very smooth. I have no affiliation with 26 North Yachts. Just passing along the info.
    That Cheoy Lee looks like quite a boat. Found this old Yachting article on her.

https://www.yachtingmagazine.com/cheoy-lee-bravo-78/
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Thanks Sky. I was skeptical buying Chinese. With the documentation came a complete bill of materials. Many of the some brand names you see on my old Hatteras. Even the wall coverings came from Pompano beach and shipped to China for the build. The Cat 3412’s are quiet and powerful. Naiad Stabilizer and bow and stern thrusters. Large tankage with almost 3000 gal of fuel and 600g fresh water. Wide beam with walk around decks. Lots of interior volume. VIP is like another master.Things that could be improved. Doors are about 2” narrower than I would like. I would like to see aft deck access to crew area. Bilges are deep and all bilge pumps are mounted to stainless rods so you can pull them up for maintenance. Makes wiring new pumps hard. Dripless shaft seals are very tough to get to. Some steel hydraulic lines are mounted under floor panels that are not removable. Overall very happy with purchase. Boat suits the family of 6 well.FWIW
    Thanks,

Tony

2023 HCB 42 “Bada Bing”

Sorry. iPad does not allow paragraphs.
    Thanks,

Tony

2023 HCB 42 “Bada Bing”