Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: What’s the rush

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    If the engines do't already have AirSeps, look for an item called an Envirovent, on Seaboard Marine (sbmar.com) They will help keep your engine room clean. Anything that helps with the airbox pressures and the tendency of DDs to spit oil.
    I just went to the site and it appears Detroit's are covered in their listing for this product.

I have them on my Cummins B series diesels. They are great. Cummins engines don't push out oil the way old DDs do, but there is a certain amount of blow-by and the Envirovents are very efficient at collecting it.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    If the engines do't already have AirSeps, look for an item called an Envirovent, on Seaboard Marine (sbmar.com) They will help keep your engine room clean. Anything that helps with the airbox pressures and the tendency of DDs to spit oil.
    Will they help even though I don’t have turbos?

I got to the boat at 6 this morning and it was raining so no fairing done today. It’s under a tarp but the winter did a number on it and it’s not much use for water anymore, it does keep the sun of it though so it stays for now. I did get one engines cooling system cleaned. And I decided that while I am on shore and have huge holes in the bottom I may as well do a gross decon of the engine room. I brought the hose, bucket, simple green and some music and started. Spent 3 hours scrubbing and cleaning, I figure I am half way done so will get back at it tomorrow morning between fairing and heat exchanger cleaning.

First coat of fairing, the next coat will go to the bow.
    Attached Images

Yes, they should still work even though you have naturals. Call Tony Athens at Seaboard Marine and ask him, he is absolutely a straight shooter. If he doesn't think they will help, he won't sell them to you.

Main engines are fully plumbed and ready for use. The deck will get one more mechanical sanding before I start long boarding it.

The rest of the seacocks are installed. Scheduled my launch for Wednesday at 1 pm. The bow will get finished on a slightly less hectic schedule.

What are you using for fairing compound

Looking good. This boat is lucky that she belongs to you.